So we packed up and spent our New year’s break in Montville in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. Mum and dad bought a block there back when I was in short pants and gradually built a house over the next 25 years. of course it is all complete now and has a view of the entire Sunshine Coast.
So instead of watching fireworks at one place, we saw fireworks at Nambour, Woombye, Palmwoods, Noosa, Coolum, Maroochydore and Mooloolaba, Kawana, Caloundra. We followed that up with a picnic lunch on New Years Day at Lake Baroon (or the Baroon Pocket Dam) that is a few minutes away.
So what’s up for me this year….
- Moving Office: BSR Australia is moving from Spring Hill to Eagle Farm.
- Software: Renewing our Volume License Agreement
- Support: Getting our other Support Agreements and Software Maintenance back on line (after the mess of BSL and previous management)
- Hardware: our desktop and server hardware is aging and we need to sort out what is on lease and what we own and plan what we do from here. I want to upgrade to a Dell Precision M65 or M90 somehow…
- Updating our internal Terminal Servers.
- Office 2007 upgrade (see above)
- Getting rid of all the BSL information, users, and excess baggage out from our systems and to make BSR Australia leaner and meaner and mighty cleaner
- Getting more time into my Beta programs (BDD 2007, Longhorn and a few others) so that when they are released, I can either integrate them into our environment or find somewhere that will…