Interesting points ( thanks to Martin Windsor Black and the Footystats website
- 2006-R22 was the first round in which 7 matches have resulted in margins of 50 or more.
- Of the 176 Home and Away matches, exactly 100 were won by the home side. The Home teams scored exactly 17,000 points.
- The top 8 all scored more than 1000 points *away*
- The bottom 8 all scored less than 1000 points *away*
- What is not well known is that Brendon Fevola has become the first Coleman medallist from a wooden side since John Peck of Hawthorn in 1965
- Collingwood fell short of Essendon’s league attendance record of 1,169,551. However, the 1,164,982 is a new club record for the Pies.
- The Magpies’ average score for is 106.6 points per game, their best since 1991 (106.8 points per game)
Collingwood’s accuracy – 56.3 per cent of scoring shots being goals – is its best – previous 55.4 in 2001
- Thirteen centuries booted by the Pies is the club’s best since notching 13 in 1991
AFL crowds continue to make new records with the 176 matches of the 2006 home-and-away season drawing a total of 6,204,056 spectators, behind only last year’s record of 6,283,788. Considering the MCG was unavailable for the opening weeks of the season following the Commonwealth Games, it is a high achievement.
did I mention how much i love stats??